Quality Awards, Trophies, Plaques & Business Gifts
Over the last 30 years, Lasercraft has developed a culture of absolute support for our Supported Employees.
Supported Employees at Lasercraft are engaged in electing Employee Representatives each year. Employee Representatives present an employee report to the Board of Directors at their bi-monthly meetings.
Lasercraft has an Employee Committee made up of past, present and those nominated for the employee representative position. The Employee Committee are involved in reviewing Lasercraft Disability Standards Policies and Procedures, they also conduct 6 weekly safety inspections and attend 6 weekly WHS committee meetings.
Employee meetings are held monthly where Supported Employees receive training on their rights under the Australian Disability Services Standards. They are also provided with opportunities to have their say on the day to day operations at Lasercraft which impact on their working day.
Lasercraft has a support needs review process that has multiple steps from initial interviews with families and carers to review among Support Staff and a goal setting interview with the Supported Employee to devise both support needs and an Employment Assistance Plan. All documentations is sent home for review before plans and supports are actioned.
Supported Employees and their families and carers are given a personal picture book that has provisions for them to provide Lasercraft Staff with constructive feedback so we can continue to improve our service.
Supported Employees and their families and carers are also provided with a satisfaction survey to complete each year.
Learning Life Skills
Support that is offered to Supported Employees at Lasercraft includes but is not limited to:
- Shopping for both company and personal purchases
- Company posting and mail collection
- Paying of personal bills
- Company washing
- Company banking duties
- Factory cleaning
- Training on the job tasks
- Training in the expectations of work
- Kitchen cleaning and the use of the dishwasher
- Social interaction support
Lasercraft holds social events throughout the year. Social events include:
- Birthday celebrations – each Supported Employee is provided with a cake to share on their birthday each year
- Community Access Program – each Supported Employee chooses a friend and a Support Staff member to go out to morning tea with twice yearly
- Monthly BBQ – Employee of the month is presented at the BBQ and recipient of the award is taken out to lunch with a friend and a staff member
- Special morning teas – provided annually for celebrations such as; Australia Day, Anzac Day, Easter
- Annual Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea – to raise funds for cancer research
- Special celebrations – for Staff and Supported Employees for retirement, bereavement, major employment anniversaries 10yrs, 20yrs, 25yrs and 30yrs
- Annual Employee Social Day Out – Supported Employees are involved in a vote to determine where they go for their social day each year. Previous activities have included; movies, restaurant for lunch, cruise on Brisbane Waters, Ten pin bowling, RSL club for lunch, Reptile park and picnic lunch
- Annual Christmas Party – Supported Employees are involved on voting on the menu for this event, Employees of the Year are presented at the Christmas Party.
Looking for a Supported Employment opportunity?
Looking for Supported Employment information? If you would like to discuss opportunities available, please contact our Program Coordinator Lauren on 1800 818 743, or via the form below.