Founded in 1987 Lasercraft has been providing supported employment to individuals with a disability on the NSW central coast. Over 100 individuals with a disability have been supported with employment, a social outlet, and the ability to earn their own money.
This planted a seed in our minds, and we realised many of our supported employees would benefit from a program that allowed them to build on their social skills and access the broader community.
Lasercraft’s Community Access Program will ensure participants with disabilities have access to social activities and individual growth.
The activities in the program are designed to:
- Build confidence, skills, and increase self-esteem.
- Promote teamwork, creativity, and general wellbeing.
Below are some examples of the types of activities participants can enjoy;
- Arts and Craft
- Board Games
The current calendar will include;
Mondays – Garden skills and Upcycling onsite
Tuesdays – Crafty and Creative onsite
Wednesdays – In the Garden and Energy onsite
Thursdays – Out & About Photography in the mornings and Creative in the afternoons
Fridays – Foody, and Social
*Calendar activities will change to add variety for participants but also to adhere to any current Covid 19 restrictions.
- Live on the Central Coast
- 18 Years or Older
- Application Letter
- NDIS Funding (Core – Assistance with Social Economic & Community Participation)
Transport options are available.
For further information or a referral form please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02 4323 1373.
We also have a Facebook page where updates will be posted, follow us here –> https://www.facebook.com/lasercraftcommunityaccess.
Please note we will follow and adhere to any COVID-19 restrictions to ensure the safety of staff and participants.
- Our New Community Access Program - September 1, 2021
- What Benefits Does an Employee Years of Service Recognition Program Offer? - February 16, 2021
- Why do business with Australian Disability Enterprise? - February 8, 2021